יום שלישי, ספטמבר 11, 2007

About my brother * לגבי אחי

The night before last I had a dream related to Tsiki.
He does not appear in my dreams as often as he used to.
There was a boy in my dream, an Asian boy, but his name was Tsiki.
He was quiet, but he smiled at me. He was lonely, I could feel it.
I spoke to him in hebrew and he replied.
The pain is always there. Behind my eyes, under my breath, inside my heart.
It mixes with other aches sometimes, and becomes almost indistinguishable at times. But given a moment of silence, it shows its signature. Like a flavor of ache.
I daydream about "what-ifs" sometimes. What if I told him more than "be careful" on that last phone call we had? What if I found the source of the dread I was feeling and could translate it into a loud and clear warning?
It's not a feeling of guilt, it's a feeling of a loss, a feeling of missing something good that is no more.
It sucks the air out of my lungs and makes me feel weak and powerless.

*

שלשום בלילה חלמתי על ציקי.
הוא כבר לא מופיע בחלומותיי כמו בעבר.
בחלומי היה ילד. ילד אסיאתי, אך שמו היה ציקי.
הוא היה שקט, אך חייך אליי. הוא היה בודד, יכולתי להרגיש.
דיברתי אליו בעברית והוא השיב לי.
הכאב תמיד שם. מאחורי העיניים, מתחת לנשימה, בתוך הלב.
הוא מתערבב לפעמים עם כאבים אחרים, והופך לבלתי נבדל מהם לפעמים. אך ברגע של שקט, הוא מראה את טבעו, כמו טעם מיוחד של כאב.
אני מדמיין "מה אם?" לפעמים. מה אם הייתי אומר יותר מסתם "תיזהר" בשיחת הטלפון האחרונה שלי איתו? מה אם הייתי יכול לתרגם את המקור של האימה שחשתי אז למילים ברורות של אזהרה?
זו לא הרגשה של אשמה. זו הרגשה של אובדן, שאיבדתי משהו טוב שאיננו עוד.
זה יונק את האוויר מריאותיי, וגורם לי להרגיש חלש וחסר כוח.

אין תגובות: